- Joined Seton Hill
- Greensburg, PA
- Contact Info
TaMara Swank teaches undergraduate dance technique courses as well as dance kinesiology and teaching of dance. TaMara has been teaching dance for over twenty years and has developed multiple dance programs. She was the Artistic Director and founder of Studio 22 Performing Arts Center, the founder of SHUDA, the Seton Hill University community dance program and assisted in the development of the Seton Hill dance major and minor. TaMara has also created and developed the Seton Hill Cheerleading Squad, the Dance Club and the Griffin Dance Team. She holds a Master of Science Degree in Exercise Science and a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Dance. She has been commissioned to create choreography for children’s programs, high school dance companies, university dance programs and musical theatre productions. TaMara has taught master classes for festivals and conferences including the National and Regional High School Dance Festival. As dance faculty at Seton Hill University, she has choreographed more than forty pieces for dance concert productions and musicals. Her choreography has been selected to perform at the Baltimore Dance Invitational – Professional Dance Showcase in Baltimore, Maryland and the 30th Annual Jazz & Tap Festival in Virginia. TaMara also has a list of original works including, “The Seven Deadly Sins” dance concert and “EleMental Revolution”, a dance theatre production produced in collaboration with theatre colleagues. She has presented, Collaborative Culture in Education, in collaboration with education faculty at ACRES National Conference, Tucson, AZ and the Early Childhood Institute Annual Conference, Grove City, PA. The project was also be presented at the 2014 NDEO national conference in Chicago.
- Bachelor of Arts, Dance, Concentration Ballet, Point Park University (Pittsburgh, PA) 1991
- Master of Science, Exercise Science and Health Promotion, California University of Pennsylvania (California Pennsylvania) 2006
- 1998 Golden Shovel Award—City of Franklin For the development of Studio22 Dance Academy and Performing Arts Center
- Swank, T., (October 2016) Dance Integration: Creating Interdisciplinary Experiences. Seton Hill University, Board of Trustees, Greensburg, PA.
- Swank, T., & Suppo, J. L. (March, 2014) Collaboration in education. ACRES National Conference 2014, Tucson, AZ.
- Swank, T., & Suppo, J. L. (November, 2014). Culture of collaboration in higher education. NDEO’s 16th Annual National Dance Education Organization Conference, Chicago, IL.
- Swank, T., (November 2016) Dance Integration: Creating Interdisciplinary Experiences. Seton Hill University, Celebrating Scholarship, Greensburg, PA.
- Baltimore Dance Invitational Professional Dance Showcase-Theatre Project, Baltimore, MD Regional & National High School Dance Festival, Virginia
- "Bearing Witness" Holocaust Remembrance, Temple David (Monroeville, PA) March 2013
- "Bearing Witness" Holocaust Remembrance, Seton Hill University Holocaust Conference (Greensburg, PA), October 2012
- 30th Annual Jazz & Tap Festival, Virginia
- 2015 - CPT-Certified Personal Trainer
- 2006-2010 PES-NASM