- Joined Seton Hill
- Bethel Park
- Contact Info
Dr. Monsour received her undergraduate degree in English from Carlow University, her Master's Degree and Principal Certification from Duquesne University, and her Letter of Eligibility and doctorate from the University of Pittsburgh. Dr. Monsour taught 8th grade English at Independence Middle School in Bethel Park, PA, was Assistant Principal and Principal of Peters Township Middle School in McMurray, PA. Most recently, Dr. Monsour was Director of Staff Development & Instructional Technology Integration for the Peters Township School District. This position included the creation of and implementation of the district's Induction Program, supervision of all new teachers, collection and analysis of assessment data (PSSAs/PASAs, Keystones, CDTs, ACTs, AP, SATs, Stanford Achievement Tests), Federal Programs Title I Coordinator, grant writer and supervisor, and creator of all staff development inservices. The Instructional Technology Integration portion included supervision of online course development, training in the use of Blackboard, iTunesU, and Moodle, and ongoing support for online integration of curricula; instruction in the use of iPad apps, web 2.0 tools, Smartboard software, document cameras, and special education technologies.
- Ed.D., Administration and Policy Studies, University of Pittsburgh
- M.Ed. & Principal Certification, Duquesne University
- B.A., English, Carlow College
- Academy for Adolescent Health, Inc.,"One Kid At A Time" School Administrator Award
- Dr. Jean E. Winsand International Institute for Women in School Leadership Award;
- Pennsylvania Assistant Principal of the Year from the Pennsylvania Association for Secondary School Principals;
- National Assistant Principal of the Year from the National Association for Secondary School Principals;
- Don Eichhorn Award for Middle Level Teaching;
- Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) Evaluator;
- Association for Middle Level Education (AMLE);
- Association for Supervision & Curriculum Development (ASCD);
- Jeannette City's JAYs Advisory Board Member
- Monsour, Mary D. "Interview and discussion on academia in Portugal: Comparing Seton Hill University preservice teacher program with Universite de Coimbra." Presentation to Faculty Representatives of Psychology and Sciences and Education Division of Universitie de Coimbra, Portugal. October, 13, 2015.
- Monsour, Mary D. "In the Thicke of things: Using in-text citations with MLA." St. Patrick’s Elementary School, Canonsburg, PA. February 26, 2015.
- Monsour, Mary D. "On the cutting edge of technology and CCSS." Beaver School District, Beaver County, PA. June 9, 10, 11, 12, 2014.
- Monsour, Mary D. "Click to add sparks: my life as a cursor." Allegheny Intermediate Unit. Pittsburgh, PA, February 13, 2014.
- Monsour, Mary D. "The digital learner: Beginning with 21st century learning ideas." Principal’s Academy. Westmoreland County, PA. October 13, 2014.
- Monsour, Mary D. & Harris, Kathy. "Using transition time books to increase engagement and participation in early & middle childhood classrooms." PETE&C Annual Convention. Hershey, PA, February 9-12,2014.
- Monsour, Mary D. "Bringing apps to the Catholic school classroom. Abstract: how do you bridge the technology learning from K-12 and university level?" April 2014.
- •Monsour, Mary D. "I’m On Apple TV!" PTHS Technology Playground Presentation, Peters Township High School, McMurray, PA. September 27, 2012.
- Monsour, Mary D. "Dynamic Structures." University of Pittsburgh, Principals’Academy, Westmoreland County Intermediate Unit, Westmoreland, PA. November 14, 2013.
- Monsour, Mary D. "Children with Different Needs: Differentiation in the Content Classroom." Saint Patrick’s Elementary School, Canonsburg, PA. December 21,2012.
- Monsour, Mary D. "How to incorporate iPads into the elementary classroom." St. Patrick’s School, Canonsburg, PA. August 2012 – May 2013.
- Monsour, Mary D. "Tuxedo & Jeans: Using project-based learning to formally and informally evaluate learning." ELITE Gallery Presentation, April 25, 2014.
- Pennsylvania Teaching Certificate: English, 7-12;
- Pennsylvania Secondary Principal Certificate;
- Superintendent's Letter of Eligibility
- Executive Committee, Faculty Senate Representative for Identity & Mission Committee, Spring 2015/Fall & Spring 2015-2016
- Task Force on Catholic Setonian Mission, 2014-2015;
- Costa Rica Study Abroad Co-Advisor, 2014-2015;
- Alpha Lambda Delta Advisor, 2012-Present;