- Joined Seton Hill
- New Iberia, LA
- Contact Info
Dr. Stockstill currently serves as Professor of Orthodontics and Temporomandibular Disorders/Orofacial Pain within the Seton Hill University Center for Orthodontics. He is a board certified orthodontist and recognized expert in the field of temporomandibular disorders and orofacial pain. He has been involved in dental academics, research and patient care for over 30 years, and serves as Associate Editor of the American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics in the areas of TMD, occlusion, masticatory function and dental sleep medicine. Dr. Stockstill also holds several patents for orthodontic instruments.
- Diplomate - American Board of Orthodontics (Board Certified), 2010
- Certificate - Orthodontics, University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Dentistry (Lincoln, NE), 1996
- Certificate - Temporomandibular Disorders/Orofacial Pain, University at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine (Buffalo, NY), 1987
- M.S. Oral Sciences, University at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine (SUNY-Buffalo, NY), 1987
- D.D.S., Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center School of Dentistry (New Orleans), 1975
- B.S., University of Louisiana-Lafayette (Lafayette, LA) 1973
- PUBLICATIONS IN REFEREED JOURNALS IN LAST 5 YEARS: - Greene, C., Stockstill, J., Rinchuse, D. and Kandasamy, S.: Orthodontics and temporomandibular disorders: A curriculum proposal for graduate programs. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop, Vol. 142(1): pp.18-24, July 2012. - Guess A, Causey M, Stockstill J, Rinchuse D, DeLeon E.: TMD/orofacial pain survey of orthodontic residents in the U.S. and Canada. Orthodontic Practice-U.S., October 2013;4(5):42-5. - Davis, E.C., Stockstill, J.W., Stanley, W.D., and Wu, Q.: Pain-related worry in patients with chronic orofacial pain. JADA, July 2014;145(7);722-730. - Stockstill, J.: Sleep-disordered breathing in orthodontic patients: part I — diagnostic and management guidelines. Orthodontic Practice-U.S. March/April 2016:7(2);42-6 - Stockstill, J., Cillo, J., and Thompson, S.: Orthodontic and surgical diagnosis and management of OSA- Case presentations: part 2. Orthodontic Practice-U.S. May/June 2016:7(3);38-44.
- TEXTBOOK: - TMD and Orthodontics: A Clinical Guide for the Orthodontist, Kandasamy, S., Greene, C., Rinchuse, D. and Stockstill, J. (editors), Sept. 2015. Springer International Publishing Co., Geneva Switzerland
- CHAPTERS IN TEXTBOOKS: - Stockstill, J.W., and Mohl, N.D. "Evaluation of Temporomandibular Joint Sounds: Diagnostic Analysis and Clinical Implications" in Temporomandibular Disorders and Orofacial Pain. Dental Clinics of North America, Vol. 35(1):75-88, January 1991. W.B. Saunders Publishing Co., Philadelphia - Stockstill, J., Bowley, J.: "Clinical Decision Analysis in Fixed Prosthodontics," in Comprehensive Fixed Prosthodontics, Dental Clinics of North America, Vol. 36(3):569-580, July 1992. W.B. Saunders Publishing Co., Philadelphia. - Bowley, J., Stockstill, J.: "A Preliminary and Diagnostic Treatment Protocol," in Comprehensive Fixed Prosthodontics, Dental Clinics of North America, Vol. 36(3):551-568, July 1992. W.B. Saunders Publishing Co., Philadelphia. - Stockstill, J. and Mohl, N.: “Static and Functional Anatomy of the Masticatory System” in TMD and Orthodontics – A Clinical Guide for the Orthodontist, Kandasamy, S., Greene, C., Rinchuse, D. and Stockstill, J. (eds.), pp. 1-18, Sept. 2015. Springer International Publishing Co., Geneva, Switzerland - Greene, C., Rinchuse, D., Kandasamy, S. and Stockstill, J.: “Management of TMD Signs and Symptoms in the Orthodontic Practice” in TMD and Orthodontics – A Clinical Guide for the Orthodontist, Kandasamy, S., Greene, C., Rinchuse, D. and Stockstill, J. (eds.), pp. 119-224, Sept. 2015. Springer International Publishing Co., Geneva, Switzerland.