- Joined Seton Hill
- Weirton, WV
- Contact Info
My name is Gary Hypes. I have been teaching in higher education for over a decade at both the graduate and undergraduate levels. I teach primarily in the field of accounting. However, I have taught several business related courses such as management, law, marketing, finance, economics, business ethics, etc.
Prior to my teaching career, I worked in several different positions. To name a few: CFO, commercial lender, analyst, internal auditor, etc.
I graduated from West Liberty State College with a B.S. in Accounting in 1994. I graduated from West Virginia College of Law with a J.D. in 2003. I graduated from the University of Phoenix with a M.B.A. in November 2014. My future educational plans centers on a Ph.D. in accounting and various certifications.
I currently hold a license as a CPA in the State of West Virginia and Pennsylvania, a CFE from the ACFE and CGMA from the AICPA.
I am currently a member of the AICPA, PICPA, and IMA.
I enjoy riding my Harley Davidson Softail Custom & Street Glide and always look forward to my annual cross country bike trip every June. My wife and I have rode our motorcycle in all fifty state and are considering whether to write a book about our adventures.
I also enjoy the sport of wrestling, gardening, walking, reading, and wood crafting.
I look forward to meeting and working with each of you in the future.
- JD, West Virginia College of Law (Morgantown, WV), 2003 [More Information]
- MBA, University of Phoenix (Online), 2014 [More Information]
- BS, West Liberty State College (West Liberty, WV), 1994 [More Information]
- Lean Accounting Summit Scholarship Winner (2011) [More Information]
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners [More Information]
- Good Profit Conference: How Profitable Business Can Be A Force For Good - October 2017 2017 ACFE Fraud Canadian Conference - Oct 2017 Contract and Procurement Fraud - Tampa, FL - November 2016
- Recent Continuing Professional Education: Forensic Accounting Research Conference - Denver, CO - Accounting Accounting Association - March 2015 Uncovering Fraud with Financial and Ratio Analysis - Tampa, FL - December 2015